Ho & Hum of Life

Ok, so I told you I wouldn’t be here for a while! Now I have returned but don’t know what to say or more like it, where to start.

Last month we went to a family camp for a week and what a blessing it was to not have to think about anything other than being together as a family and listening to some very inspired speakers, giving insight in how better to train our children and work together as husband and wife. Sadly, I realized that I have woefully failed at both many times. But it was good to here from God in that quiet setting and start to make some of the changes that were long overdue.

We arrived home to a mess of sewing parts in the basement, between 150-200 ears of sweet corn waiting for the freezer, and about 10 sewing machines waiting to be picked up. My new business venture has started out well though it has had its bumps that I still ponder at. But God has been gracious!! I was granted the contract to service two schools sewing machines but they both needed to be done before Labor day and had to be done on site! So, in the space of 3 days, I ended up servicing around 30 machines and putting in about 250 miles! But what a blessing that will be for some of our outstanding debts!

The hardest part of the last month has been the realization that our youngest child will have to face surgery for his eyes. He has always been a little cross eyed since birth but we kept waiting and hoping he would grow out of it. He hasn’t so this past week, we took him to see the eye surgeon who confirmed our fears, he would need to have a muscle detached from the one side of his eye and reattached back 3.5mm from where it had been. The problem comes though when we talked about costs. Do we go ahead with the surgery when we do not have the money or insurance to pay for it? Or do we wait for God to supply the funds before we make plans for surgery?

It is here that I so often fail in my faith towards God. I can trust Him if there is nothing I can do in a situation, but is that really trust??!!! We believe that God has called us to live debt free and though we failed in that this past spring, it is still our aim. When God says that He will supply some of our needs….NO! ALL OF OUR NEEDS, do I take that literally or think of it abstractly concerning others?

Then this morning sermon hit me so hard between the eyes that my teeth hurt! If someone tells us they will come over and help with a project, do we believe them? How do they feel if we don’t? Then it was brought out that so often we believe what others tell us but we so often doubt what God tells us. Let me ask again, when we doubt what God said, how does it make Him feel? Where am I REALLY putting my trust?

God Help me to rest in your care and provision and not in my own short sightedness!

Ok, so I found something to write about, sorry to take up so much of your time with my ramblings!

Comments

Japheth said…
Sorry that you have to use this word verification thing when you comment but do to the numurous spams going around, I thought it might be best.

Please do not let it hinder you from commenting though. That would be very sad :-(
Unknown said…
I can say this,whatever you do in life pray for God's will to be done. God Bless You,and your in our prayers.
Joe said…
We are all starting to use the WV thing.

Larry Burkette, Christian financial counselor, used to say, "Do we trust God, or do we just SAY that we trust God?"

We don't have insurance, either.

I think you should schedule the surgery and have it done. If you do not, you will always wish you had.

God will supply your needs.

He will.
Anonymous said…
I would agree with Joe. God has placed in your care your little son that has a need. Your job as parents according to the Bible is to meet that need. God in turn has promised that He will supply ALL YOUR needs. This is where faith comes in. I would go ahead and schedule the surgery and get it done..knowing God has never went back on any of his promises.
And just think your son will be able to see better and in turn thank you for that one day!!
God's Blessings to you and yours!!
~Praying for you~

P.S. Just think this is often where God uses other believers to reach out and supply needs..I am sure that you yourself have often helped others with thier medical expenses etc...well just maybe this is your turn to be on the receiving end.. Hang in there!!
Glen Zehr said…
I think it would be wise to go ahead with the surgery. God has funny ways of meeting needs I have noticed.
On the Ins. issue, I don't know where you stand other than you said you don't have it, have you heard of Samaritan Ministries? You can check them out at there website www.samaritanministries.org
very interesting way of doing things I really appreciate there view of helping those that are in physical and finacial difficulty.
May GOd give you wisdom....
GZ
Truthseeker said…
Welcome back Japheth. I am praying for your son's need for surgery. Our daughter had to have the same type of surgery when she was 2 or 3. I am glad that we did it, however, we did have insurance through my father's business at the time. PTL for that! I would have struggled if this hadn't been a possibility, but I think that I probably would have had it done any way. Our church would have helped, and I know that God has always provided in some way to meet many needs. (And some "wants" on occasion; the "wants" to teach us that we really didn't need them as much as we thought!)God is faithful!

My daughter had to deal with some teasing about her one eye not tracking with the other, even with the surgery. She had surgery the second time in her teens and it is better today and unless she is very tired you do not notice the problem.

Children have so much to deal with in growing up. I believe that if it is medically possible to correct these abberations in their bodies, we should give them the medical helps that they need and trust God to meet that need. After all, He owns the cattle on a thousand hills; the World is His, what need we fear as His children!

I have personally done without in this area of medical needs. I argue with my doctor about medicine that she wants me to take that costs too much. However, I am past my prime and I trust the Lord to be my major physician; children are in a somewhat different position, their life is before them.

May God be with you and Aimee as you follow God's leading.

Popular posts from this blog

The Kissing Conundrum

Our Love Story - Finale

Our Love Story, Part 1