Mundane Monday? Eh, maybe.

Ok, time for something shorter! Today I had several blessings and one not so pleasant, blessing. I have to call it a blessing or it might be a curse and I wouldn't want to say that.

First I went to Home Depot because I had received a letter in the mail saying that my rebate was denied because I was "ineligable." Huh? The local store helped me fill it out! I went in and nicely asked if there was anything they could do about it. They said that they could refund a portion of my original invoice if that would be ok with me? Fine enough here, it all spends the same way! But they had a problem, the computer kept wanting to give me $145 instead of the $105 I was due. They fussed around trying to get it to work and finally decided they didn't want to mess with it anymore and cheerfuly gave me a card worth $145! Praise God!!

Secondly, we had gotten a newer van back in March, one with two sliding doors and needed to get rid of our older one. I tried to sell it for over a month with no success until I finaly gave it to God and told Him to sell it however He could. Within two days I had a call and today he came and paid me in cash for it. And only $100 less than I was asking! Once again, Praise God!!

Thirdly, In my work as a sewing machine technician and saleman, I get a small hourly rate and then a commission on any machine I sell. Saturday, I sold a Bernina to a gal for close to 4k and she used her credit card. She had called in to pay for it before hand since she had to come so far and when we ran the card thru, our big brother Visa, calls and says that we are not allowed to do that and thus are putting the whole transaction on hold for 180 days!! We tried to reason with them and they brought it down to 30 days but that means we get NO money till the thirty days are up and they clear our name! Praise God? Well, I know I should because even though we really needed that cash now, this is God's way to help us learn to rely on Him and trust Him for the day to day. The problem is that with my arrogant pride that I keep battling with hates to have to depend on any one including God. So I guess that this is just what I need and if you have an extra prayer handy, pray that I learn my lesson!!

So long for now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Kissing Conundrum

Our Love Story - Finale

He's HERE!!!