Male and Female Blogging

I have noticed something in my newness to the blogging world. There's Male blogs, and Female blogs. The male blogs tend to focus on controversy and things of weighty importance, while women tend to write from more personal, heartfelt emotions.

Why is this? Maybe it is because God made us different.

Us guys, tend to be somewhat like warriors! We divide and conquer! We show no emotion to feelings and tend to see things very strongly black or white. We must, if we are going to be strong and steady, and anchor in the storm, if you will. Why? Because God made us to love and cherish a woman, to protect her from the storms and be a rock for her to depend on.

The female bloggers tend to write about personal happenings in their hearts and lives. They love to read what struggles other ladies have and realize their not going thru it alone. They seem to have no trouble acknowledging the fact that they blew it or struggling with something personal. Why? (shhhh.... only God knows!)

What I find in real life is that ladies often "connect" faster and on a deeper plane than we men because they are willing to talk about their failings and fallings. We as men, do not do this for various reasons, most of which trace back to the fact that we are unwilling to reveal a chink in our armor and disqualify us from manhood! Ok, not quite that bad!

Take myself for instance. There have been some major upheavals in my life recently but I have only hinted at them because I fear what others will think.

Paul says to "Confess your faults, one to another, and pray for one another, that ye may be healed!" Maybe that is why we struggle with things year after year, only because we are unwilling to humble ourselves and confess that we have really blown it. But look at the pay off. A closer relationship to our brother in Christ and strength to renew the battle. Our marriages grow thru struggles and while we would never ask for them, we wouldn't trade the closeness that comes from working thru them either

So what about me, am I going to be the first one to start? I am a guy, and still working up the courage too. But let me ask you a favor, if you get a chance, would you pray for me? I desperately need God's healing and guidance right now.
Thanks.

Comments

Truthseeker said…
JP, I will pray for you. I want to share a post I wrote around Easter. http://worthythinking.blogspot.com/2005/03/broken-before-god.html#comments

I am still experiencing much of this yet, God has been refining the ore of my life and faith with a lot of heat and pressure.

May God be with you and your family.

Popular posts from this blog

The Kissing Conundrum

Our Love Story - Finale

He's HERE!!!