These Days

Well, it’s been two months now and the business seems to be taking off.  I have been kept busy enough that I sometimes don’t have time to get all the things done that I need too and that is kinda nice!  I have been averaging about 10 sewing machines a week and while that is the minimum that I feel I must maintain to keep all the bases covered, it is likely to increase as times go on.  Besides the sewing machine repair, I have been doing some computer repair, professional photography, and I just got two web sites to build!!  

In all of this, I love being home with my family!!  What a blessed time it has been to fix machines on my bench while coaching my boys in taking an old one apart on the floor.  They loved it and I enjoyed the times watching them interact and asking for directions.  My oldest son has taken it upon himself that HE is Papa’s helper and chief media personnel.  When we go in a store, he runs ahead to find the owner and tell them we are there and what we will be doing this time!  This usually earns him a quick squeeze and a piece of hard, sugary stuff.  I can’t say it out loud any more but it’s spelled YDNAC backwards.  So far he hasn’t figured it out yet.

Speaking of him growing up, last week at church, I found him and a little neighbor girl playing downstairs while waiting for fellowship meal to start.  They were having a great time playing ‘Mama and Papa.’  When it came time to pray, Japheth sat down beside her and gently slid his arm around her for the whole prayer!  Ok, I had my eyes open some of the time but I am a parent so I can do that right?!  It was cute but I hope that he gets a good healthy fear of girls before he turns a teenager!!  I can’t having him turn into a little heartbreaker!

Comments

Glen Zehr said…
That is cute..... At what point does the Daddy Mamma thing become a problem? Our oldest loves playing that little game and someone from our area shared their "concern".
Glen Zehr said…
By the way, I like the new look
Anonymous said…
"I just got two web sites to build!!"

If you ever encounter a problem, feel free to drop me a line and I'll do my best to answer any questions.
Joe said…
That was dyn-o-mite! And by the way, I love YDNAC!

Popular posts from this blog

The Kissing Conundrum

Our Love Story - Finale

He's HERE!!!