Calling all Dull Quilters!


Due to us trying desperately to save money for our sons eye surgery, I am stooping to advertising on my blog for work. Here's the scoop

Quilters love these very sharp rotary cutters and use them all the time. However the blades go dull, or get little nicks in them and need to be replaced. The standard size ones (45mm) cost about $6.50 or if you buy them in a ten-pack, about $5.00 apiece.

I have built a machine that I can sharpen these blades now. Even take out the small nicks! It is not one of these little blue plastic sandpaper jobs, it involves a bench grinder, two machinist spin jigs, two clamps that I turn out myself on my dad's lathe, and special wheels for the grinder. I have been working with the local quilt shop to perfect the technique and am ready for all takers.

I charge $2.50 per blade for the 45mm blade and $3.00 per blade for the 60mm blades.
Since these blades are so thin and easy to mail, people can mail them to me and combine shipping with their friends. If they send me 10 or more at one time, I will pay the shipping back. If they send 20 or more, I will reduce the price by $.50 per blade. I do reserve the right to say that a blade is not able to be sharpened because the nick is too large. If that happens, you will not be charged for that blade, and it will be disposed of here.

All blades must be sent in a case of some sort, preferably the original one. Some of the cases enable you to stick up to 10 blades in them and thus save on shipping.

If you would be so kind as to pass this on to your sewing friends, I would greatly appreciate it. Also if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to let me know as well. Here's my address;

A Stitch In Time
28957 Birchmont Beach Rd. NE
Pennington, MN 56663


Or if you wan to call me, CLICK HERE and an email will open up with my phone number in the subject line. Thanks and have a great Day!

Comments

Joe said…
Consider it passed.

I have a couple of quilters in my church. May they would be interested!
Japheth said…
Thanks Joe,

You read these pages very regularly and I thank you for your willingness to help us this way!

Have a great weekend!
Dorcas said…
Please don't feel like you are "stooping" by offering your skills in this way. I don't very often use a rotary cutter but every time I do the little nicks bug me so bad but I can't justify going out and buying a new blade since I don't use it that often. Now think of the serious quilters who use these blades all the time and you are indeed offering something of real value while at the same time giving them an opportunity to help with your son's eye surgery.
So, a good deal all around.
Anonymous said…
I am a sister of friends of yours, I am from Al. I am so excited about your service. I go through those blades like they are cheap. I will be sending a bunch back with Mom and Dad to get sharpened. I am glad you posted this.

Popular posts from this blog

The Kissing Conundrum

Our Love Story - Finale

He's HERE!!!