A Little Child Shall Lead...

"I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in truth!" Amen!

This afternoon I had something happen during Singspiration at our church. We have been working with our 18 month old daughter to fold her hands together when we pray. This afternoon, being somewhat tired and wanting to figit all the time, we gave her a carrot to naw on for a while. She was busy at it when the leader ask people to bow their heads to pray. To the best of my knowledge, she had not been paying attention at all to the song leader, but she quickly dropped her carrot and folder her hands to pray! I forget what the prayer was about! All I know was that my heart just about burst to see her taking the effort to prepare for prayer! Oh how I long for her to continue to have that same attitude to her heavenly Father. It is my greatest joy and my deepest desire! Yet I feel so inadequate to the task of training my children to walk like Christ when I struggle so often with it myself!! Makes me wish that I had had my children back when I was 18-20 and "knew" a lot more than I know now! :-)

I must do my best and trust God to help them overcome my human failings.

This week is the week of big change. I find out from my boss tomorrow if they want me to buy the service department or not. Then a busy week of doing up sweet corn, setting up shop, ordering supplies, preparing for family camp next week, and trying to keep my sanity. I so look forward to being at home 6 out of 7 days! Glory! What will I do with myself!! I think my wife will find something! :-)

She is finding lots of things to do these days since we found out that next years model will arrive in April. Truly we are blessed!! From having ovarian cancer before we ever met and wondering if we would ever have children, to having 5 in 5 1/2 years, Wheeww!! But oh the thrill of hearing them come running and calling "Papa, Papa!!" it warms my heart.

Comments

Truthseeker said…
Japheth, I surely do miss those days when I "knew" everything! May God guide you as you continue to help your children to grow in the knowledge and admonition of the Lord.

God's blessing on the "blessing" you and Amiee await in April! May He also continue to guide you in your new business. Working at home is a real blessing for a Christian family.
Joe said…
Because, in the end, children grow up and have "minds of their own," the best we can do is the best we can do.

God bless!
Unknown said…
Hold on to that feeling and the memories.I do agree with Joe. I never give my husband a project that I can't do myself.If I had to wait for him to do the project it would be a very long wait.LOL
Unknown said…
godsmostwanted.blogspot.com came to visit you. God Bless You.
Unknown said…
I'm with my husband on that note.God Bless You for planting the seeds.
steve said…
Hey do me a favor and send a prayer over to Rebekahs Site.
www.rebekahspage.blogspot.com

They are facing some tough decisions on radiation and could use some support. Tell 5 new people about her! Thats my challenge today!Thank you and God Bless! (sorry bout the copy and paste comment. Its the quickest way I can get prayer out! hope you see I just am trying to get a little girl some much needed prayer!)

Popular posts from this blog

The Kissing Conundrum

Our Love Story - Finale

He's HERE!!!