Spoon Fed

The past two weeks, Aimee and I have been trying to get our daughter to eat by herself.  She knows how to do it and has done so quite often, but lately she has just decided that if it was something she was not all that cracked up about, she wouldn’t feed herself.  She will let you spoon it in if you want, but she makes no effort to do it.  What do you do?  Let her go hungry till the next meal?  Or maybe tape the spoon in her hand and let her sit in the high-chair till she has eaten a decent portion?  How do you deal with it?

     Today is the beginning of our meetings with Collier Berkshire.(sp?)  We were asked this morning if we have time for revival?  Do we make or take the time to spend earnestly in prayer for our own regeneration?  I was struck with the analogy of my daughter.  I have so often been doing my own thing that I don’t want to spend the time or take the effort to feed on God’s Word.  I don’t mind at all, going to church and letting myself be “spoon feed” but to sit down and dig for myself, Uh Uh, I don’t do it!  I am just like my daughter and I wonder, what is God feeling?

Comments

Joe said…
He will let you go hungry, if you want to.

Sooner or later you will decide that you need to feast, and you will.

So will she.
Anonymous said…
We ran into that with Daniel. He ate everything with his fingers until after he was two, then we made him eat with his spoon. It came down to me sitting by him and putting it back into his hand and/or snapping his fingers if he refused to obey. But if she just won't eat, then I would say just let her sit until she does.
Anonymous said…
Well that makes sense...do you yourself get thrilled over feeding yourself something you don't like? At least she eats it, if you feed her. Hang in there, I can assure you that you probably won't be feeding her yet at 6. LOL!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Kissing Conundrum

Our Love Story - Finale

He's HERE!!!