Another Week, No Baby

Yesterday I had my friend Jason, came up to me and said;

“Japheth, I never heard if your new little one is a little boy or a little girl?” (he had not seen us for two weeks since the previous week we had been home from church thinking we were going to have the baby.)

(Me) “Well, it would have to be one or the other I supposed, eh?”

“Yes Japheth, that is how it works! So… (about this time my wife, who he has not seen yet this morning, walks past us, still looking like she has imbibed too much on the watermelon patch. He looks down and sees her) OH….”

The poor fellow! He got red and started stammering around and if I hadn’t felt sorry for him, it would have been quite hilarious!

The new store is up and running and I have been busier than I thought possible! I have been getting at least 5-6 customers a day with some days as many as 15! Thanks to a dear brother who gave us the needed money to mail flyers to 930 sewers in the area, I have been getting quite a few machines in for servicing. I have been so blessed by the Lord and my close friends that I feel that this store is hardly mine, but God’s since he is the one who prompted all these hearts and so bountifully provided everything that was needed.



This picture is of the out side of the building where I have two offices inside. I currently lease about 180 square feet and am using every square inch of it!! However, the main business, Search Resources, may not be staying there much longer and then I would have first dibs on their space (almost 500 square feet) and the bigger sign you see out front. For the time though, I am very content with the space I have and am grateful to the Lord for His leading in getting me there. (see previous post for that saga)

No baby yet though we rechecked all our dates and figures and the EDD could be as late as April 6. So we still wait!!

Comments

Joe said…
I hope this is just the beginnning for your business.

Even so, come, little baby!
Japheth said…
Ok, wise guy! How would you describe 930 people who sew?! I scratched my head over this several times and then wrote it this way since I had seen several of the ladies (one being a school teacher :-) write it this way.

Then you peaked my curiosity so I went to webster online and this is the second definition:
sew·er
Pronunciation: 'sO(-&)r
Function: noun
: one that sews


So I guess this flunky in English was correct in his word usage, but maybe conveide something he didn't inted to, eh?
Jean said…
Ha, ha! I laughed when I read Paul Yates's comment last evening. But i couldn't think what else you would call them either.

Then today at school I happened to be in the office when the principal mentioned that he needs to call Erb Brothers to schedule them for pumping the school's septic tank. It reminded me of that comment. So I asked the secretary, "What do you call a person who sews?" She said, "A seamstress?" So there you go, Japheth. If you don't want to call them "sewers" you can always call them seamstresses! I admit that does have the sound of being professional, though.
Japheth said…
Jeanie, I thought of that but in the sewing world, a seamstress is one who primarily works with garments. Most of the gals up here would not refer to themselves as seamstresses because they mostly sew crafts. ie; quilts, doll cloths, artsy stuff.

Oh well, they sit down and sew and somtimes their machine needs fixing!! So wether they are sewers, seamstresses, or whosehwhatsit's, I don't care! I am just happy they are coming to me to get them fixed.

I started off this morning with 4 machines to fix and ended the day with fixing four of them and getting five more in!! At this rate I will be needing to hire help soon.
Jean said…
I remember when my brother first bought and started operating Witmer Automotive Service, right when Dick and I got married. Three months later my brother was busy enough to hire my dad, who left a Ford dealership in Manheim to work for his son. Three months later they were so busy with two employees that my brother decided to hire Dick. We were PRAYING there would be enough work for three people. The first week Dick was there, they were absolutely swamped with work. All three of them said to each other, "Well, I WAS praying for plenty of work this week." They decided they should take turns praying!! May your business flourish!

Popular posts from this blog

The Kissing Conundrum

Our Love Story - Finale

He's HERE!!!